This Portable pop-up terrarium is for raising and breeding butterflies and other insects.
When unfolded the cage measures 15.7 x 15.7 x 23.6 inch
Package include: 1x Butterfly Habitat Terrarium
1. Quick start guide to raise butterflies (PDF) not in your inbox? Try checking your spam folder or email us, we will resend it.
2. BE careful when opening the Big, Tall monarch butterfly cages- after you slip off the elastic strap from around the circle, the cage can pop open unexpectedly so make sure you have plenty of space and no breakable objects close by.
3. After opening your cage, the PVC side will be creased from folding. Get the creases out quickly by blow drying the PVC with a hair dryer for about 5 minutes, or place PVC toward warm sun to relax wrinkles.
4. Always close the cage door so the zippers meet at the TOP CENTER. If a caterpillar is somewhere on the zipper, this will allow you to zip down the other side to open.
5. Clean the cage after a disease outbreak or at season's end by soaking it in a 5% bleach solution (19 parts water to 1 part bleach) for about 20 minutes. The cage can be soaked in a tub or laundry tub.
6. Rinse your cage with water and then let it sun dry- hang it on a clothesline or put a rock on the floor so it won't blow away
7. When folding the cage for storage, place your hands on opposite upper corners of the cage and press one corner in to fold the cage flat.
8. Store the cage flat in a closet, under bed, behind a couch, etc..